Financial Lead Accountant
WHO ARE WE?
The mission of the Financial Lead Accountant is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company’s books and records and financial reports. It is Finance’s responsibility to assist the business in taking unnecessary costs out of its healthcare delivery system, achieve better economies of scale in the utilization of resources and leverage activities across functions and geographies to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Finance will be a best in class function, comprised of ethical, talented and engaged people, with efficient processes and effective controls that support our functions and customers.
This position will provide the financial oversight and local (commercial) knowledge to support the business in the country, and that of the finance function across Europe. This includes ensuring the basics are in place and operational for maintaining accurate and adequate books and records in accordance with local and US generally accepted accounting principles, actual reporting as necessary for the business, adhere an effective system of internal controls and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensures all transactions are in compliance with US and local GAAP and are posted in a timely manner
- Ensures accounts are properly reconciled and properly documented on a timely basis
- Maintains documentation to support account balances in a manner that facilitates the efficient review and audit of books and records
- Ensures all financial transactions are properly recorded with sufficient documentation to support the business purpose of the transactions
- Supports month-end processes to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Provides support as necessary to facilitate forecasting and budget processes
- Responds to inquiries regarding accounting requests
- Supports the audit process and provides documents as necessary to facilitate the completion of audit requests
- Prepares financial reports to satisfy Division and Corporate reporting requirements
- Ensures financial information is reviewed to identify any issues that would impact the accuracy and reliability of financial information presented
- Ensures fixed asset expenditures are supported by an approved CER with sufficient detail to support the business case
- Ensures fixed assets are properly accounted for and depreciated in accordance with Corporate policy
- Ensures fixed assets are properly tracked through regular asset verification processes
- Manage the approval and accounting for the retirement and disposition of fixed assets
- Ensures VAT and intrastat transactions are properly accounted for and recorded
- Ensure proper rates are applied to all products
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecast for submission to Corporate.
- Assist with the preparation of the Foreign Exchange Exposure Report to determine the level of hedges required
- Supports processes related to the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas and provides significant input to the development annual business plans
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents the function on organizational project teams, at management and board meetings, and with external organizations
- Performs related work as assigned by management
- A recognized post-graduate financial qualification (MBA (preferable) eg Masters in Business, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Certified Practicing Accountant, Certified Management Accountant
- Fluent spoken and written English. Any other European language is a plus
- Professional certification in accounting or progress toward completion
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with USGAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Fiscal knowledge
- Familiar with Oracle and Hyperion (preferable)
- Minimum experience to 3 years in an Accountant or equivalent position in a multinational or an auditing company.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work with peers and management to achieve objectives
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts and a professional and tactful manner
- Able to identify and work with management to innovative solutions to meet business requirements
WHAT WE OFFER
- Open Salary
Dial 0252 – 34 86 38, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contactform below.
We will contact you as soon as possible.